When you’re battling a drug addiction, it can feel like an uphill battle with no end in sight. You might feel as though your addiction has control over you and that there’s no way out.
However, drug addiction treatment centers exist to offer you the help you need to break free from your addiction once and for all. In the right treatment center, you’ll receive proven methods of becoming sober. You will also develop healthy habits that will last long after your time at rehab ends.
With the right support team in place, you can begin taking steps toward recovery and build a brighter future. Read on to learn more about how drug treatment centers near me can help you overcome addiction.
The journey to overcoming drug addiction begins with counseling and therapy.
When you enter a treatment centers near me, you will begin attending therapeutic sessions. These sessions might include individual or group therapy. You may also receive or participate in family therapy if your addiction has impacted other people in your life.
Depending on your unique needs, the type of therapy will vary. Some common types of therapy include:
- Emotional First Aid – This type of therapy helps individuals process their emotions in healthy ways. It’s an effective method of managing feelings like shame, anger, and guilt that can often accompany addiction.
- Motivational Interviewing – This type of therapy helps individuals find their own reasons for getting sober. It also provides tools for staying sober and avoiding relapse.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – This type of therapy helps individuals identify and correct negative thought patterns that can lead to substance abuse. It also helps you develop new habits and coping skills.
This type of therapy involves the use of prescription medications that can help with cravings, withdrawal symptoms, and mood disorders.
For instance, medications like naltrexone and buprenorphine are used to treat opioid addiction. Benzodiazepines are sometimes used to treat cravings, anxiety, and insomnia. Antidepressants and mood stabilizers can be useful in treating co-occurring mental health disorders.
When you’re addicted to drugs, your health often takes a backseat. Oftentimes, you’re engaging in risky behaviors or engaging in criminal behavior to obtain drugs.
Fortunately, your treatment program will provide you with healthy living practices to help you stay sober long-term. Some of these practices include:
- Nutrition – Your treatment program may include nutritional coaching to help you learn more about healthy eating. You may also have a dietitian on staff who can help you with customized meal plans based on your specific needs.
- Meditation – Learning to manage your cravings, emotions, and stress is essential for maintaining sobriety.
- Exercise – Participating in physical activity releases endorphins and helps reduce stress, anxiety, and cravings.
Choosing the right drug treatment center for you can help you get started on a life free from addiction. But when it comes to finding the right drug treatment center for you, there are many things to consider. You’ll want to first determine what type of treatment you need. Do you have a substance abuse problem? Or, is your drug use causing you harm? If you have a substance use disorder, you may need a residential treatment program. If you have mild drug-related health issues, you may have an easier time completing an outpatient program.
385 total views, 4 views today